Replace old and damaged fillings with attractive and natural-looking alternatives! Ask your Carmel, IN dentist about tooth colored fillings.
Old, damaged, and discolored fillings should be immediately checked by your dentist. They are not only unattractive, but also potentially defective, allowing the space between the tooth and the filling to be exposed to food debris and bacteria which can cause decay. You can have those defective fillings replaced with tooth colored composite resin fillings.
Dental Fillings are used to replace or cover decayed areas of the teeth and repair small chips. They can be made from different kinds of materials, including gold, silver or amalgams, and tooth colored composite resin.
Tooth colored fillings are great solutions because:
- They mimic the color of your natural teeth
- They can restore the natural appearance of your teeth
- They can help maintain a bright, white smile
- The procedure takes just one visit but it can make a world of difference for the appearance of your smile
- They’re environmentally non-toxic because they don’t use mercury which can be found in amalgams
- They’re stronger because they bond directly to the teeth surface
- They don’t require the removal of a considerable amount of healthy tooth to make room for the filling
- They decrease the likelihood of tooth fracture because they don’t require that a lot of healthy parts of the tooth be removed
What to expect
To determine if your teeth would need fillings or if old fillings need to be replaced, you should come in for a check-up. Dr. Smith will examine your teeth and create a personalized dental care plan
To place the tooth colored fillings, your dentist will remove the decayed portions of the tooth and apply a bonding agent. The filling is then sculpted into the right shape and light cured to bond with the tooth surface.
Tooth colored fillings are modern dental solutions that can enhance the health and appearance of your teeth.
Call our Carmel, Indiana dental office at 317-597-8748 to find out more about tooth colored fillings. You may also contact us by filling out our online form here. Dr. Smith and the rest of our team of dental professionals would love to meet you.